Friday 6 March 2015

hi to all.  Time to update you on our latest trip in bazzasdreamland.  This week we have been in Inverloch.  We spent the last 4 days at the RACV resort and the caravan park there is just fantastic.  The sites are all huge and everything is just so clean.  The toilets and showers are kept so clean you could almost have a picnic in there.  Our first day was spent checking out the facilities and it is just so impressive.  There are bbq areas spread all around the entire site with walkways, kids playgrounds (and adults), swimming pool, gym, sauna and restaurants.  As can be seen from the photos, Deb could not resist a spin on the flying fox and the jumping pillow.  Bit of a relaxing 1st day but the next day Deb suggested we go for a walk along the beach.  How romantic I thought, being our wedding anniversary, but alas, I think Deb just thought I needed the exercise.  I should have known there was an ulterior motive as we seemed to walk forever.  At one stage we walked into a bit of a slipway where the tide was coming in.  Great, we have water on three sides of us.  A quick U turn which involved more walking in the soft sand, which for your information, is twice as hard as walking on good solid footpath.  I am on the verge of collapse when I see a vision in the distance, we had finally made it to the town.  A walk of over 4klms, which, by the way, included 3.5klms of quicksand.  After having coffee put into me through an intravenous drip the horrible realisation came that we would have to walk back the same distance.  I know, toughen up princess.  On the way back we saw a fisherman that had obviously found a great fishing spot and he wasn't leaving it no matter what.  I couldn't resist taking his photo.  We eventually made it back, walking along the path, and I fell into the Jeep for a well earned rest.  It was then back to the caravan for a 3 hour nanna nap.  (just kidding).  After resting we were off to the restaurant, on weary legs of course, where we encountered an echidna just strolling along our path.  Just a great place.  We then had a lovely candlelit dinner, complete with a troupe of violinists tossing red rose petals on the ground in front of us.  Oh sorry, I was just dreaming.  The candle was battery powered, no roses and no violinists.  Surely I get brownie points for thinking that.  Anyway back at the van about 10pm and Deb is sitting outside having a smoke when she calls out to me with a sound of trepidation in her voice.  Of course I race out just like a knight in shining armour and there is a fox just at the rear of the car.  Showing extreme bravery I chase it away, rescuing the maiden in the meantime.  What a legend.  I will sign off today and upload some photos before I start another entry for the next 2 days.  By4now. 




      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment