Tuesday 17 February 2015

Well here we are and it is Tuesday morning already. I thought that it might just have been a nightmare but no, we are actually going to go and ride the zip line out at the Otway's Fly tree top walk.  Oh well, had my last breakfast and it wasn't what I imagined at all.  Just cereal and coffee.  How boring.  Out we go and there were surprisingly few people there but it was too late to back out now.  First we had to do the tree top walk. If you haven't already been, don't bother as its pretty boring.  What do you see at the top of the trees?  That's right, just bloody tree tops.  No birds actually even live up that high.  We couldn't put it off any longer so it was into the briefing for the torment that was to follow and then assisted into our death masks (climbing/abseiling type gear).  How tough can it be, a quick spin along the zip line and it will all be over and done with in no time. 
Of course I thought it was just 1 zip line to put myself through but no, it was 7 zip's and 2 rope bridges.  Of course, all getting gradually longer and faster.  It just doesn't get any better.  After the first couple I just thought I would go into a sort of zombie like trance but no such luck.  I was fully awake and in a heightened state of pure terror.  I thought I was scared of heights before but I am now also scared of trees and of course zips.  Trackie pants only for me for the rest of my life.  Anyway you are reading this so I obviously got myself out of the foetal position long enough to type this up. 
After it was all done and I had an intra venous coffee I then returned back to my gentle side and took Deb down to see the Koalas on the Cape Otway Lighthouse road.  They are just so cute.  I have put a couple of photos on the end of this message of Deb on the zip line, koalas and the fantastic surf from last night.  That's all for now as I am off to see my therapist. 


a long way to the next safety net.

of course Deb took it all in her stride



No comments:

Post a Comment